Saturday, October 15, 2011

I am REALLY bad at Geography. REALLY.

Recently, I had to write a Spanish paper comparing Peru and the United States. We got them back a couple days ago, and I saw I had points taken off so I looked at what my "Profesora" had written. In my essay, I had stated that the United States didn't have a desert, volcanoes, or a rainforest, where as Peru did. Next to where I said this, my teacher wrote: "The United States does have these things. What about Hawaii? Puerto  Rico? Arizona?" *head bang against table* All I could think about was that time in 6th Grade, when I had to take the Geography Bee- you know, where you'd answer questions about the geography of the world and if you did well enough you'd get entered into a town, state,  or national competition? So yeah that :). Anyway, we were being questioned on the different continents and little 6th grade me was FREAKING OUT. So my friend Kiera says, "Okay. Let's practice first. What continent is China on?" My response was,  "Um... um... Russia?" Yes, I KNOW Russia is not a continent... well I do now. Not my finest moment. I kinda suck at geography. I don't know if you noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment